That was the longest readathon I’ve ever participated in! And I didn’t even make it the whole 24 hours! I’m weak and the call of sleep was just too strong!
Overall, I loved it and I actually had a hard time changing gears for normal life. I ended up reading most of Sunday as well. My poor family wanted their wife/mother back.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I would say that 3 am CST was the most daunting hour for me. Obviously. Since that was when I fell asleep and slept for like 10 HOURS.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I absolutely LOVED Mudbound by Hillary Jordan for a longer novel type book and any of the Locke & Key graphic novels because they are also FANTASTIC.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. Other than the obvious need for more cheerleaders. The poor things … they had to be super overwhelmed. And I shouldn’t have so many donut holes for a snack. OMG I think I might have gained A LOT of weight this weekend … I love me some donut holes.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? All the things! I was actually kind of ADD with the reading and the cool challenges and the LINKS! OMG all the very cool people and blogs I found! I’m going to have to make some tough decisions on the blogs I’ve subscribed to otherwise I’ll never succeed at anything again in life.
- How many books did you read? I read 1 and ALMOST a second. And 4 graphic novels.
- What were the names of the books you read? Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout, and the first four Locke & Key graphic novels.
- Which book did you enjoy most? That’s tough. I picked out some really great stuff for this readathon. Mudbound is the one that has really stuck with me the most, so I think I’ll pick that one. But they were all TERRIFIC reads!
- Which did you enjoy least? Nope – none!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Maybe setting some goals on how often you visit your teams blogs or twitter accounts? It’s hard to say because it just seems like there really just needs to be more of them. Maybe cloning??
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would say there is no doubt that I’d participate in the next one. I think it was just announced that it would be on 4/26 and that might not work for me, so we’ll have to wait and see. It’s my wedding anniversary so the hubby might have something to say to that. lol If I do get to participate, I think I’ll volunteer as a cheerleader. I like blog-hopping too much not to volunteer to cheer people on while I’m at it.